SENTRI Trusted Traveler Program
Entering the United States from Canada and Mexico
All U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States, and foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for the Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) SENTRI.
This US Customs and Border Protection program, once approved, will provide them with expedited access to enter the United States from Canada or Mexico. Knowing that all applicants are screened for membership applications, to ensure they meet the qualifications required for this program.
Registration for the SENTRI program:
Several steps must be followed in order to be able to subscribe to the SENTRI program, which are defined as follows:
First: Submit your application online.
To apply for SENTRI, you must first go to Login.gov, where it is essential to create an account.
FYI, Login.gov is an authentication platform shared by US government agencies.
Second: register for the SENTRI program for $ 122.50 USD.
The candidate must make an appointment and come in person with all the necessary documents, which are:
• Proof of citizenship
• Proof that he is authorized to enter the United States
• Permanent Resident Card (if a lawful permanent resident of the United States).
• A valid driver’s license
• Proof of current address
In particular, the candidate must provide them with the following information during his interview:
• An email address (to create a login.gov account)
• A history of addresses for the last five years
• A history of jobs over the past five years
• A history of international travel over the past five years
• Legal documents (if the latter has been guilty of an offense other than a traffic violation)
• Vehicle information (when crossing the border between Mexico and the United States)
• Telephone numbers
• Documentation proving any other citizenship (if applicable)
Once accepted into the SENTRI program, the subscriber will have a period of 5 years to renew their membership, if they so desire.
If the candidate has already applied to SENTRI, he will have to provide his PASSID when configuring his profile for the first time. Knowing that the PASSID, or membership number, may be located on the back of the TTP card or on previous notification letters.
The advantages of the SENTRI program:
All U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents of the United States, and Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) SENTRI-approved foreign nationals are eligible to enjoy the following benefits:
• Expedited entry of vehicles and pedestrians into the United States from Canada and Mexico.
• Access to TSA Pre✓® expedited security lanes at airports in the United States and United States territories for United States citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States.
US citizens and US legal permanent residents subscribed to the SENTRI program can obtain a TSA Pre✓® boarding pass by entering the PASSID membership number in the known traveler number field when booking a flight.