Skymiles: Everything about the AMEX Business Gold card
The Gold American Express card is one of the most attractive bank cards for frequent travelers, offering a full range of travel insurance and allowing participation in the American Express Membership Rewards program. This is the American Express loyalty program that allows you to earn points and miles and get flights and hotel nights for a fraction of the price.
The Gold American Express card climbs to the top of the list of the most relevant bank cards to earn Miles and points. It gets you up to 1.5 points for every dollar you spend and offers you travel insurance and a number of other attractive benefits. Read on to learn more about the pros and cons of the Gold American Express Card.
If you are self-employed or have a business, it recommends that you take a look at the American Express Business Platinum Card.
What is the price of the Gold American Express card?
The Gold American Express card is not free. In order to obtain the bank card and to be entitled to all the exclusive benefits, cardholders must pay an annual fee of 165. However, it should be noted that the use of the card is free for the first year.
By the way, it is also important to mention that, admittedly, the price of the Gold American Express card may perhaps seem particularly high, but there are not that many bank cards on the market that offer such important advantages, for travelers (and also few inconveniences). Therefore, the price of the Gold American Express card is quickly justified.
What are the advantages of the Gold American Express card?
The price of the Gold American Express card is quickly justified, because the card has many advantages and very few disadvantages
– No annual fee for the first year
The Gold American Express card is completely free for the first year. In the second year, you will have to pay a fee of 185 annually for the use of the card. However, if you change your mind along the way, you can always cancel your subscription and avoid paying these fees.
As a general rule, credit cards with annual expenses of 10,000 or more are free if you request them over the phone. However, be careful here. This is only a goodwill arrangement, as American Express does not confirm this in writing. It therefore cannot guarantee that this regulation applies to every customer.
– 80 refunded from 800 spent
This offer is valid until December 31, 2020 and reserved for people becoming holders of a Gold American Express card for the first time, subject to acceptance of the file. 80 will be credited to your card account if the amount of your spending with the card during the first three months reaches 800 and if you have been a Gold American Express Card holder for at least 6 months. This is definitely one of the most important benefits of the Gold American Express card.
It should be noted that membership fees, cash withdrawals, currency purchases, ATM transactions, rejection fees and late fees are not cumulative in this amount.
– Access to American Express Membership Rewards
One of the most important benefits of the Gold American Express card is access to American Express Membership Rewards. This program allows you to earn a loyalty point for each euro spent. Whether you make purchases in or another currency, in a store or on the internet, each purchase will give you points. Only cash withdrawals are excluded from the award of points.
The American Express Membership Rewards points program is one of the most flexible points programs on the market. The program offers you several ways to redeem your points, but the most attractive option is certainly the transfer of points to hotel programs and airline loyalty programs. Your daily purchases will therefore allow you to get your hands on cheap plane tickets.
– Complete range of travel insurance with the Gold American Express card
While the Gold American Express card does not offer as many benefits as the Platinum American Express card, it does offer some notable benefits. In addition to a cheaper Priority Pass and premium phone support, Gold American Express cardholders are entitled to extended travel insurance benefits.
With your Gold American Express card, you can benefit from travel cancellation insurance, health insurance for trips abroad, comfort insurance in the event of flight and baggage delays, accident insurance and car rental insurance.
Please note, however, that some insurance, such as Trip Cancellation Insurance, only apply if you pay for your trip with the Gold American Express Card.
Here is the range of travel insurance and assistance included with the Gold American Express card (you will see, the high price of the Gold American Express card is quickly justified):
- Purchase protection guarantee: Goods purchased with your card are covered in the event of accidental deterioration or breakage up to 90 days after your purchase and up to $1,600 per claim;-
- Trip Cancellation and Postponement Insurance: You are covered when you are required to cancel or postpone your trip in the event of sudden illness or accident.
- Travel incident guarantee: Hotel and restaurant costs of up to 450 euros per event and per family in the event of a flight delay or missed connection are reimbursed. Basic purchases made with your card in the event of a baggage delay of more than six hours will also be reimbursed to you up to $1,000 per event and per family.
- Medical assistance and medical costs: In the event of an accident or sudden illness during your trip abroad, your medical costs are covered up to $ 50,000 per event and per insured. If necessary, your medical repatriation is organized and covered up to 50,000 $.
- Snow and mountain assistance: You and your family benefit from full assistance during your stays in the mountains in France and abroad. The costs of mountain rescue, medical costs, and reimbursement of lessons, ski lift passes or rental of unused skis are covered in the event of an accident.
- Civil liability abroad: If your civil liability is incurred abroad, you are insured up to 2,000,000 dollars in total for bodily injury, material and immaterial damage.
- Rental vehicle guarantee: You benefit from coverage for the surrender of the excess in the event of theft or damage to the rented vehicle up to 75,000 dollars once your rental has been paid for with your Gold American Express card.
– Advanced technology
The American Express Gold Card is also a technology leader. On the one hand, American Express offers a great way to track payments with the mobile app. On the other hand, American Express has been an Apple Pay partner since day one. You can therefore leave your Gold card in your wallet and pay without contact with your iPhone.