Premier Silver: Basic status in the MileagePlus Loyalty Program
United Airlines MileagePlus loyalty program involves earning bonus miles for flights and purchases, which can then be spent on tickets, service level upgrades or other goods and services. The program has several levels: Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, Premier 1K.
This status is earned by meeting one simple requirement: Book a minimum of four flights with United Airlines or United Express.
What are the benefits of the Silver Level?
The Silver level is the first step to an elite airline club. Members who reach this level enjoy a number of benefits over the base level:
– Possibility to exceed the weight of the luggage without supplement. The weight allowed with a silver card is up to 32 kg. Travelers in Premium classes can carry up to three pieces of baggage with the same weight.
– Priority check-in at a separate counter, where there are no queues or other discomforts. Even if an economy class ticket is in hand, Silver cardholders check in with business class passengers.
More bonuses are accumulated for each flight than with a standard card. But these miles do not count towards the upgrade.
|Eligible purchased fare classes||Qualifying Miles Premier (PQM)||Qualification segments Premier (PQS)|
|A, C, D, Z, P||200%||1.5|
|M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G||100%||1|
Elite level requirements
To obtain elite status, you need a minimum number of PQDs plus a certain number of PQM or PQS:
– United Airlines makes it easy for its passengers to obtain Premier status. United is reducing Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) and Premier Qualifying Flights (PQF) thresholds and introducing new promotions that help members earn status faster.
To facilitate earning status, United is reducing the PQP and PQF requirements at each Premier level:
|Level||Standard requirements||Adjusted needs|
|Premier Silver||4 000 PQP + 12 PQF or 5 000 PQP||
3 000 PQP + 8 PQF or 3 500 PQP
|Premier Gold||8 000 PQP + 24 PQF or 10 000 PQP||
6 000 PQP + 16 PQF or 7 000 PQP
|12 000 PQP + 36 PQF or 15 000 PQP||9 000 PQP + 24 PQF or 10 000 PQP|
|Premier 1K||18 000 PQP + 54 PQF or 24 000 PQP||
13500 PQP + 36 PQF or 15 000 PQP
PQP automatic deposit
To make maintaining status even easier for Premier members, United automatically deposits PQPs into their accounts.
|Premier Gold||1 750|
|Premier Platine||2 500|
|Premier 1K||3 750|
United are also delivering their most rewarding Premier Qualifying Bonus offer ever with the very first PQP bonus promotion. On the first three winning PQP trips, members without Premier status earn 50% bonus PQP and Premier members earn 100% bonus PQP.
Passengers with this status have the flexibility to make last-minute flight changes regardless of whether they are traveling on domestic, regional or international flights.
United is the only US airline to offer this benefit to all Premier members, in addition to allowing all customers to register for free on a different flight to the same destination on the same day.
United Airlines Gives Mileage Members Bonus Miles Plus New Ways To Achieve Premier Status
A Welcome Bonus promotion that provides members with additional Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) deposits for their first three trips.
An “Easy PQP” offer which provides the member with a PQP deposit without the need to travel.
And an offer that allows members to earn double miles through the MileagePlus X app.
Higher level PQM and PQS requirements (and PQD requirements for residents of the United States)
– Premier Silver 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS (and $ 3,000)
– Premier Gold 50,000 PQM or 60 PQS (and $ 6,000)
– Premier Platinum 75,000 PQM or 90 PQS (and $ 9,000)
– First 1K 100,000 PQM or 120 PQS (and $ 12,000)
Achievement of Premier status is based on flight expenses and during the previous calendar year. Once you qualify for Premier status, it is valid from the date you qualify until the end of the following program year. Therefore, it could last longer than 12 months.