Transfer miles to MileagePlus members: How much does this operation cost?
Transfer miles from one MileagePlus account to another. Now you can share your miles with friends and family:
– Mile transfers cost $15 per 1,000 miles;
– Miles can be transferred in 1,000 mile increments;
– Give up to 15,000 miles to each recipient’s account per calendar year;
– Maximum transfer of up to 60,000 miles per calendar year out of one account;
– Allow 48 hours for the miles to post to each recipient’s account;
– Credit card will be billed immediately for transfer;
– Mileage rates and other applicable fees are subject to change;
– Minimum transfer 2,000 miles per account;
– All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
Transfer as many miles as you want in three clicks
For each miles transfer operation, you are required to go to this page and use your MileagePlus loyalty program membership number and your name to be able to identify yourself to your account and carry out the transfer operation.
How to transfer points?
The transfer of air miles is done through a personal account on the United website. To send bonuses, you just need to go to the appropriate section “Transfer miles”. Specify the recipient details and click the Submit button.
But you can also sell bonus air miles and not transfer MileagePlus miles to another user. To do this, you must use third-party services. For example, it is easy to sell points in our company:
– Complete the “Submit a request” form;
– Specify in the fields Name, contact phone number and number of miles;
– Wait for the manager’s call.
Or contact United agents online, by phone, via WhatsApp, … They will clarify all the data needed to transfer miles. They will announce the possible cost of the bonus sale. And they will tell you how to do the translation correctly.
General rules for transferring air miles MileagePlus
You can donate miles under the MileagePlus program if the following conditions are met:
– Sender must have flown at least one revenue flight in the past two years on a scheduled flight at a point-based fare;
– You can transfer up to 15,000 miles per calendar year;
– A transfer does not exceed 1000 miles per installment;
– The recipient for the calendar year cannot receive more than 15,000 bonus miles;
– Miles earned do not affect progression to silver, gold or any other qualifying tier of loyalty cards;
For the transfer of miles, a fixed commission is deducted from the cardholder’s account in the amount of $15 (per 1000 miles). It does not depend on the number of bonuses sent. Only elite level owners can pay commission with bonuses.
Resale or transfer of received bonuses is not permitted. If managers see that the recipient is trying to sell the gift, they have the right to cancel the customer’s bonus account.
Most regular MileagePlus cardholders can easily send points to friends up to the established limit. The main thing is to fly at least once every two years at a rate for which air miles are accumulated.